St. Thomas presents its student body with a curriculum that is viewed by academic scholars as employing the best practices for the teaching of math, science and literature and other core subjects. Our curriculum builds on the basic fundamentals, with a common thread continuously woven and reviewed through the learning materials presented from preschool through the 8th grade.
- We are accredited through the Michigan Non-Public School Accrediting Association.
- We are committed to academic excellence, while providing a vibrant and nurturing atmosphere for students and their families.
- We have a strong School Advisory Committee and an active Parent Teacher Guild.
- Students are offered a Christ-centered, challenging and comprehensive academic curriculum in an educational environment where they can truly develop their God-given talents.
- Our faculty is certified, skilled, and dedicated. They teach to the highest standards, setting the bar for academic excellence and aspiring to “Teach as He taught”.
- Advanced math classes are offered for accelerated students.
- We offer Guided Reading in grades K-8 and Guided Math embedded in the curriculum for grades K-4.
- Spanish is taught beginning in preschool.
- Latin is offered in middle school.
- Music instruction, including violin and band, are offered. Music begins in preschool.
- Kindergarten prep is offered in preschool.
Please click here for an overview of our Middle School Curriculum.
Please click here to read a Memo from the Diocese of Lansing regarding the Common Core State Standards.